Thursday, June 12, 2014

Update

Hi! I just wanted to give a quick update. I went for my usual 3.1 mile run on Monday, but my leg pain was back with a vengeance and I could barely walk, let alone run. Knowing that I had my 5k this Saturday, I decided to not run at all this week and just hope for the best. Today is Thursday and my leg feels soooo much better. I was tempted to run today, but I really want to make sure I heal before I just start up again because it is way to early in my running career to have a fucking injury.

My painful Monday run. I really had to push myself for those 2 miles.


I've been doing my glut strengthening exercises (ITB rehab routine). I'm starting to think that my "injury" is due to a weak left leg, causing my right leg to work more. Depending on how I feel after this Saturday's 5k, I'll either slowly start running again, or take a few more days off. Either way, when I do start again,  I'm going to take it slow, try to focus on form, and continue the ITB rehab routine.  I also heard about a running store in one of the malls around here that will video you while running on a treadmill to determine flaws in your form, pronation, etc. Maybe I'm wearing the wrong sneakers?? I'm definitely going to check it out, so we'll see....

I've also been continuing with my Yoga routines, and arm/core strengthening while on hiatus. So don't think I've been slacking!! I'm actually getting to the point where it's hard for me not to workout. Which is great considering I hardly ever worked out last year. I hope my leg would just stop bothering me, I want to run!!

Anyway, I'll let you know how my race goes!

Just for fun, here is a pic of a sweet cuddle session I had:

Melvin, me, Walter


No comments:

Post a Comment