Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Checking In

Happy National Running Day!! In celebration, I did not run today...  I totally forgot about it and today was a strength training day for me, so I ran 10 miles in my head in honor.

Here is a summary of my last couple of runs:


I actually had negative splits on this run!! So close to sub-10 miles



I was talking to a friend who recently started running, but is frustrated over slow weight loss, so I told her to incorporate strength training... her response: "Yuck." I decided that I should share what I do in regards to strength training in hopes to show that it is not so bad!!

I find most of my routines online. I love perusing Pinterest (so they have to be legit, right?) in search of new moves and routines that I can use. I should also add, that I do not belong to a gym, so I always look for workouts that don't need a lot of equipment. I do have a bench, dumbbells (5, 10, 25 pounds), kettle ball, stretchy band thing, etc. With that being said, here are some of my favorites:

Linksy
This is a great reference chart; I'll do 2-3 sets of 10 reps of each move. I love that it is a total body work out.

Straight forward butt workout
 
 
I love this abs work out from Neila Rey. I've been doing this for a few weeks now, and can totally feel a difference from when I first started. I love the routines she posts on Google+, definitely recommend.


Next up, I'll share some of my favorite yoga routines, and stretches! Also found on Pinterest, so also totally legitimate (with the exception of my DDP Yoga DVD's, which are definitely legitimate and ridiculous).

Hope my meager workouts show that even the bare minimum, easy, basic shit can lead to results! And you don't need fancy equipment nor a gym membership, win-win! Now get to it!

Peace out meatheads!

No comments:

Post a Comment