Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Weekly Running Recap

What up!
As I mentioned in my Introductory post, I've been following a half-marathon training plan (this one). I'm 4 weeks in and so far I'm feeling great! I can feel myself improving every week. Although, I'm not registered to run a half-marathon yet, I like following a plan because it motivates me and gives me an idea of what I should be doing, since I have absolutely no clue.

Here is my workout summary for last week from Map My Run (MMR from now on so I don't have to type it out):

WORKOUT SUMMARY for 05/12/2014 - 05/18/2014 
4workouts
3routes
15.92miles
2.9hours
2043kCal burned
Sunday, 5/18/14, was my first 5 mile run! Todd accompanied me on his bike, which was nice. According to MMR I finished in 56:53, which bummed me out at first, but then I remembered that we stopped a couple of times to chat with neighbors. One neighbor had their white American Bulldog puppy out. She was so cute! She wanted to run with me so I had to stop and love her up a little. This particular neighbor had another full grown bulldog who would charge at me and Walter (people love to leave their dogs loose out in my hood, so stupid). Apparently that dog got hit by a train. A train! Why someone thinks it's a good idea to walk a dog on train tracks is beyond me. Poor doggy.

My personal bodyguard patrolling the mean streets of Tampa

I also stopped to pet another neighborhood dog, Fluffy. Fluffy always barks and chases me during my runs but never lets me get close enough to pet him. During my 5 miler I really wanted to try and finally pet him, so I just stood there until he came and sniffed me! Progress! But, when I reached down to pet him, he ran off. Boo!! I just wanna pet your smooshy little face Fluffy!

Anyway, considering my puppy time stops, my first 5 mile run was ok. I started at 10:30am so it was some much needed practice running in the full sun (I usually run at the crack of dawn). That sucked, but I need to get used to it! I did take a few walking breaks the last 1.5 mile or so.

Peace out suckas!

Love,
Constance

No comments:

Post a Comment