Sunday, June 22, 2014

RAP River Run!

Last Saturday I ran the RAP River Run 5k (yeah, yeah, I'm a little behind in posting this, but better late than never). I also don't really have any pictures, although, I'll probably add them in sometime this week, I'll let you know. I added them, lucky you :)



Anyway, the race went great! I didn't run at all during the week leading up to it because my leg was still bothering me, so I was a little nervous going into it, but it turned out to be a lot of fun! This was only my second race, but I already can't wait for the next one!

Here I am laughing at Todd because someone's head blocked the camera...

Exhibit A


 The race took place in downtown New Port Richey, FL. and the running route went along the Pithlachascotee River. It was a breezy, shaded route, perfect for a 5k! I really wanted to run the whole way, but ended up walking a little towards the end. With that being said, I still managed to finish 6th in my age group (out of 24, I believe)!! Sweet! My final time was 33:28. I'm happy with it.


Blurred the other people for their privacy

Here is a pic that I took on my phone while running; this guy:

USA! USA! USA!
Keep in mind that we are in Florida; it was in the 80's and humid! Now if the sight of him doesn't kick your ass into gear, nothing will.

In the home stretch


The RAP River Run benefited the RAP (Runaway Alternative Project) House. The RAP house provides shelter, food, services, clothes, etc. to 10-17 year olds who are homeless, runaways, foster kids, or who are otherwise in need of a place to stay. What a great cause!

Overall it was a great race and I will definitely like to do it again next year. Maybe I'll even do both the 5 miler & the 5k!

Peace out!

P.S. My leg has been feeling great and I've been easing back into running by doing 1-2 miles every other day. I'm going to keep increasing my mileage slowly until I can jump back into doing my marathon training plan! Woo!! I'll keep you updated on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment